5 Strategies To Up Your Game and Drive Success
Finally – An Economy Ready Made For The Female Professional
| By Meridith Elliott Powell |
Everything about this economy is different. How we attract customers, how we engage employees, and how we manage the competition. We have literally gone through an economic shift moving out of a push economy and into a pull economy.In today’s marketplace consumers are in control, they can buy anything they want, anytime and from anyone they want to. Think about our world today: globalization, advancements in technology, with constantly shifting and increasing competition. We could all sit around our house for the next week if we wanted to, and google until our hearts are content. We can buy anything we want, need or desire online, and right from the comfort of our own homes.
We are buying our groceries online, our clothes online, we can take a class, get a degree, or even attend a networking event. Heck we can make a friend and get a date all without ever opening our mouths, getting dressed, or getting in a car. Wow take a breath, because that right there makes this an economy like no other economy we have ever experienced before. And if this is such a different economy, doesn’t it make sense it would require a different set of skills?
This is what I have come to call a trust and value economy. In today’s marketplace, trust is what attracts customers to us and value is what keeps them long term. Today’s economy is all about relationships and who is better at relationships than women?
Success today requires a new approach to business growth, and that approach is one that comes naturally to women. Gone are the days of the aggressive sales tactics like upselling, cold calling, or the art of the close. If you push your customer in today’s marketplace you will lose them. With a marketplace that has consumers in control, success depends on your ability to connect, collaborate, and compromise.
So it is time for everyone (men included) to start embracing their feminine side, and don’t worry so much about being one of the boys. In this new economy, people do business with us not because they have to, but because they know, like, and trust us. If you focus on your ability to build relationships then you will do just fine in this economy. But if you want more, if you want to do better than just fine, if you want to put yourself in a position to succeed no matter what this economy does, then follow these five strategies.
5 Strategies To Up Your Game and Drive Success
1. Persistence – This is not an economy for sissies! This is not a time when you can call on people one or two times and expect them to close the deal. And don’t even begin to think that just because someone bought one or two products from you that they will remain your customer. No, this is an economy where we have to up our game and learn to be persistent. People are busy, and there is so much white noise. If you want to succeed you need to be remain visible, stay in the game and be persistent.
2. Courage – Failure is part of the journey! When you are trying to succeed in an economy that is constantly shifting and changing, you have to realize that staying in the game takes courage – Courage to take a risk. Courage to try something new. Courage to get back up and try again if things do not work out.
3. Balance – Yes, you need balance! In today’s marketplace you need to keep your energy up and your creativity muscle working. Research shows that those who are most successful are those that have learned to find balance. Making time for yourself, being there for your family – all of that ensures you manage your stress and keep yourself physically and mentally fit. And to succeed today, you need to be as fit as you possibly can be.
4. Network – Build your network and change your life! The more people you know, the more connected you are, the more successful you are going to be. In an economy that is shifting fast and changing constantly you need connections to help you open more doors and close more deals. In an economy that is all about relationships, you need to build yours by building a network.
5. Community – Last but not least, you need support. Remember, you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with, so think about who you surround yourself with. Community is critical to success. You can never have too much business, too big a network, or too much support.
Yes, success today is all about those skills that come naturally to women. It is time for us to embrace our feminine side, and realize this is our economy.
Looking for more ideas and strategies on how to make this economy start working for you? Looking to up your game? Then we invite you to join us on June 29, 2017. Go to Meridith’s website to learn more.
Meridith Elliott Powell has been named one of the Top 15 Business Growth Experts To Watch by Currency Fair. She is an award-winning author and keynote speaker who works with her clients to help them build ownership at every level to drive results at every turn. www.valuespeaker.com